Why You’re Having Trouble Joining Your Friend in Elden Ring: A Comprehensive Guide
Elden Ring is a highly anticipated action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It was announced at E3 in 2019 and has been generating a lot of buzz ever since. One of the most exciting features of Elden Ring is the ability to play with friends in a co-op mode. However, many players are experiencing difficulty in joining their friends for this mode. In this article, we will explore the reasons why players are having trouble joining their friends in Elden Ring and provide a comprehensive guide to resolving these issues.
Possible reasons why you’re having trouble joining your friend in Elden Ring
1. Connectivity issues: One of the most common reasons why players experience issues while joining their friends in Elden Ring is connectivity issues. Check your internet connection and ensure that you have a stable connection. You can also try troubleshooting your internet connection by resetting your router or modem.
2. Firewall settings: The game requires access to specific ports on your system to allow a successful connection. Check your firewall settings and ensure that the required ports are open.
3. Game version incompatibility: Ensure that you and your friend have the same game version. Check for game updates and ensure that you have the latest patch for Elden Ring.
4. NAT issues: Your NAT (Network Address Translation) settings may be causing issues while joining your friend in Elden Ring. Ensure that your NAT type is set to “Open,” which should allow for seamless connection.
5. Server overload: Due to the high demand for Elden Ring, there may be server overload issues causing connection problems. In such a case, you will need to wait for the server to stabilize.
A comprehensive guide for resolving issues while joining your friend in Elden Ring
1. Check your internet connection: As mentioned earlier, connectivity issues are one of the most common problems while joining your friend in Elden Ring. Restart your router or modem, check your network cables, and ensure that your internet is stable.
2. Check firewall settings: Ensure that the required ports for Elden Ring are open on your firewall. You can also temporarily disable your firewall to test the connection.
3. Check game versions: Ensure that you and your friend have the same game version installed. Check for updates and install the latest patch for Elden Ring.
4. Check NAT settings: Ensure that your NAT type is set to “Open.” You can do this by accessing your router settings and configuring the NAT settings.
5. Wait for server stability: There may be server overload issues. In such a case, wait for the server to stabilize, and then try connecting again.
6. Re-install the game: If none of the above methods work, you can try re-installing the game.
7. Contact support: If you are still experiencing issues, contact Elden Ring’s support team for assistance.
Joining your friend in Elden Ring for co-op play is an exciting feature, but connectivity issues can sometimes make it frustrating. Use the above comprehensive guide to troubleshoot and resolve the issues that may be causing you trouble while trying to join your friend. Don’t forget to check your internet connection, firewall settings, game versions, NAT settings, and wait for server stability. If you are still experiencing issues, re-install the game or contact support for further assistance.
1. How do I check my NAT type?
You can check your NAT type by accessing your router settings and configuring the NAT settings.
2. How do I know if my firewall is causing connectivity issues?
If you suspect that your firewall is causing connectivity issues, temporarily disable it and try connecting again.
3. Can I play Elden Ring without an internet connection?
No, Elden Ring requires an internet connection for co-op play.
4. Can I play Elden Ring with players on other platforms?
No, Elden Ring only supports cross-play between players on the same platform.
5. Will playing Elden Ring in offline mode fix connectivity issues?
No, playing in offline mode will not fix connectivity issues as the game requires an internet connection for co-op play.