Unveiling The Ultimate Death’s Poker Build in Elden Ring: A Guide to Dominate Your Enemies
Elden Ring, the much-awaited forthcoming action-role-playing game developed by FromSoftware, is all set to release next year. Gamers around the world are eagerly waiting to step into the fantastical world of Elden Ring, explore its lore and secrets, and engage in fierce battles against fearsome enemies.
One of the most critical aspects of any RPG is the build that players choose for their characters. The build determines their character’s strengths, weaknesses, skills, and abilities and is a crucial factor in determining their overall effectiveness in the game. In Elden Ring, there are numerous builds to choose from, and each offers a unique playstyle and approach to combat.
In this article, we will discuss the Death’s Poker build, one of the most effective PvP builds in Elden Ring, and how to use it to dominate your enemies.
Building The Death’s Poker Build
The Death’s Poker build is primarily a Dexterity build that focuses on dealing critical hits with quick and precise attacks. Here’s how to build the Death’s Poker build:
As a Dexterity build, the primary stat to focus on is Dexterity. Aim for a minimum of 40 points in Dexterity to maximize the bonuses to critical strikes. Additionally, you can add points to Vitality and Endurance to increase your health, stamina, and overall survivability.
The primary weapon for the Death’s Poker build is a rapier or any other weapon with a thrusting attack. The thrusting attack deals critical damage when used to strike the enemy’s back, making it one of the deadliest attacks in Elden Ring. Embered Blade, a magical rapier, is an excellent choice for this build as it deals critical damage and inflicts a debuff on enemies that reduces their defense.
Secondary weapons include a crossbow or a bow, which can be used to finish off enemies or deal damage from a distance.
The armor for the Death’s Poker build should be light and minimize encumbrance to maximize dexterity and movement speed. The Shadow Set or the Brigand Set are excellent choices for this build.
The Death’s Poker build requires specific rings to enhance the player’s abilities, including the following:
1. Ring of Critical Hits – Increases the chance of landing a critical hit.
2. Ring of Blades – Increases physical attack power.
3. Ring of Steel Protection – Increases physical defense.
4. Ring of Favor – Increases health, stamina, and equip load.
How To Use The Death’s Poker Build
The Death’s Poker build relies heavily on critical hit damage and fast, precise attacks. Here’s how to use it effectively:
1. Positioning – Always position yourself behind the enemy for a backstab. Use quick and accurate movements to avoid enemy attacks and strike when they are vulnerable.
2. Countering – The Death’s Poker build relies heavily on counter-attacks. Learn to parry and riposte enemy attacks effectively.
3. Combo Attacks – The Death’s Poker build can be devastating with proper combo attacks. Use quick attacks to stagger an enemy, then capitalize with a critical attack for maximum damage.
4. Invincibility Frames – Use dodges judiciously to avoid enemy attacks and gain invincibility frames.
The Death’s Poker build is an excellent choice for PvP combat in Elden Ring. Its fast, precise attacks and critical hit damage can quickly wear down even the toughest enemies. With careful positioning, strong counter-attacks, and devastating combo attacks, the Death’s Poker build can be an unstoppable force on the battlefield.
1. Can the Death’s Poker build be effective in PvE?
Yes, the Death’s Poker build can be effective in PvE, but it requires more patience and caution than in PvP.
2. What are the weaknesses of the Death’s Poker build?
The Death’s Poker build relies heavily on critical hit damage and can struggle against armored enemies or foes with high resistance to critical damage.
3. Are there any other weapons besides rapiers that are effective with the Death’s Poker build?
Yes, other weapons with thrusting attacks like spears or daggers can be effective with the Death’s Poker build.
4. What is the Embered Blade, and where can I find it?
The Embered Blade is a magical rapier that inflicts a debuff on enemies that reduces their defense. It can be found in the Grand Library in Elden Ring.
5. Can the Death’s Poker build be viable for co-op play?
Yes, the Death’s Poker build can still be effective in co-op play, but players must be careful not to accidentally hit their allies with thrusting attacks.