Unraveling the Mystery: Top Reasons Why You Can’t Join Your Friend in Elden Ring
Elden Ring is one of the most anticipated games of 2022. Developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment, Elden Ring is an action role-playing game set in a fantasy world created by renowned fantasy author George R. R. Martin and game director Hidetaka Miyazaki.
One of the most exciting features of Elden Ring is the ability to play with friends in multiplayer mode. However, as much as you may want to play with your friend, there could be several reasons why you can’t join them in Elden Ring.
In this article, we will unravel the mystery and explore the top reasons why you can’t join your friend in Elden Ring.
1. Network Issues: If you’re having trouble joining your friend in Elden Ring, the first thing you should check is your network connection. A poor connection could prevent you from connecting to the game servers, thus preventing you from joining your friend’s game.
Additionally, if you or your friend’s NAT type is set to strict, it could lead to connection issues. Ensure that both you and your friend’s NAT types are set to open or moderate to minimize network issues.
2. Different Game Versions: Another reason why you may not be able to join your friend in Elden Ring is that you and your friend could be playing different versions of the game. Make sure that you and your friend are playing the same version of the game, otherwise, it may prevent you from joining each other’s games.
3. Incompatible Platform: Elden Ring is releasing for multiple platforms, including PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. If you and your friend are playing on different platforms, it may prevent you from joining each other’s games.
Make sure that you and your friend are playing on the same platform to avoid such compatibility issues.
4. Different Game Progression: Elden Ring is a game with a non-linear story, which means that you can progress through the game at your own pace. If you and your friend are at different stages in the game and you try to join their game, it may prevent you from joining their game.
Make sure that you and your friend are at a similar stage in the game before attempting to join their game.
5. Server Maintenance: Occasionally, the game servers may be down for maintenance or are experiencing technical difficulties. This may prevent you from joining your friend’s game, even if everything else is working correctly.
Check the official Elden Ring Twitter or website for any announcements on server status before attempting to join your friend’s game.
In conclusion, there are multiple reasons why you may not be able to join your friend in Elden Ring, including network issues, different game versions, incompatible platforms, different game progression, and server maintenance.
Make sure to check all of these issues and troubleshoot them accordingly to enjoy a seamless multiplayer experience with your friends in Elden Ring.
1. Can I play Elden Ring with my friends?
Yes, Elden Ring has a multiplayer mode where you can play with friends.
2. Can I play Elden Ring on different platforms with my friends?
No, Elden Ring does not support cross-platform play.
3. How do I troubleshoot network issues in Elden Ring?
Check your network connection and ensure that both you and your friend’s NAT types are set to open or moderate.
4. How do I check the version of Elden Ring I am playing?
Check the game’s main menu or settings to view the game version.
5. When is Elden Ring releasing?
Elden Ring is set to release on February 25, 2022.