Unlocking the Mystery of Elden Ring: Why You Can’t Join Your Friend and How to Overcome It
Elden Ring is a highly anticipated fantasy action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game is set in a vast open world and features an engaging storyline, challenging gameplay, and breathtaking visuals. One of the most intriguing aspects of Elden Ring is its online multiplayer mode, which allows players to join each other’s games and work together or against each other to complete quests and defeat bosses. However, many players have reported issues with the game’s multiplayer mode, specifically the inability to join their friends’ games or invite them to join their own game. In this article, we will delve into the mystery of Elden Ring’s multiplayer functionality and explore ways to overcome the challenges.
Understanding Elden Ring’s Multiplayer System
Elden Ring’s multiplayer system is based on the game’s online servers, which connect players from around the world. There are a few key elements to understand when it comes to joining or inviting other players to your game:
1. Areas of Connection – Players must be in similar areas of the game to connect with each other. A specific location must be designated for the online component in order for players to see signs left by other players.
2. Password System – If players choose to use a password, they can only be joined by other players who also use the same password. This is helpful for players who want to play with specific people.
3. World Tendency – World tendency is a feature in the game that changes depending on how players interact with the game world. This can affect the online component of the game, as different tendencies can impact player interactions.
Why Can’t You Join Your Friends in Elden Ring?
One of the biggest issues that players have been experiencing when trying to join multiplayer games in Elden Ring is the “failed to join session” error message. This error can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
1. Network Connection – If your network connection is unstable or slow, you may have difficulty joining or hosting games. Make sure to have a stable internet connection and close unnecessary programs to optimize your system.
2. Server Load – High server loads can cause lag or disconnects, which can make joining or hosting games difficult. If you are experiencing this issue, try switching to a different server or playing at a different time of day when server load is lower.
3. NAT Type – NAT (Network Address Translation) type can sometimes cause issues with online multiplayer games. Check your NAT type and ensure it is compatible with Elden Ring’s multiplayer system.
4. Game Bugs – Occasionally, game bugs can cause issues when trying to join or host multiplayer games. Keep updated with the latest patches and fixes from the developers to minimize these bugs.
Overcoming Challenges in Elden Ring’s Multiplayer Mode
Despite the challenges, there are ways to overcome these issues and enjoy Elden Ring’s multiplayer mode with your friends. Here are a few tips to help improve your multiplayer experience:
1. Coordinate with Your Friends – Coordinate with your friends before attempting to join or host games. Decide on an area of the game to meet and share passwords to ensure smooth connections.
2. Check Your Network Connection – Ensure that your network connection is stable and fast. Close unnecessary programs and optimize your internet speed to minimize lag and disconnections.
3. Switch Servers – If you are experiencing issues with your current server, try switching to a different one. Some servers may have lower server loads or fewer bugs, which can improve your experience.
4. Check Your NAT Type – Make sure your NAT type is compatible with Elden Ring’s multiplayer system. If it is not, consider using a VPN to work around network issues.
Elden Ring’s multiplayer mode is one of the game’s most exciting features. However, with the challenges that come with connecting and playing with friends, it can be frustrating. By understanding the game’s multiplayer system and taking necessary steps to ensure stable connections, players can overcome these challenges and enjoy the game with their friends. Remember to coordinate with your friends, check your network connection, switch servers if necessary, and make sure your NAT type is compatible to improve your multiplayer experience.
1. Can I invite friends to join my game in Elden Ring?
Yes, you can use a password system to invite friends to join your game in Elden Ring.
2. Why can’t I join my friend’s game in Elden Ring?
There could be several reasons for this, including network connection issues, server load, NAT type, and game bugs.
3. Does Elden Ring have cross-platform multiplayer?
No, Elden Ring does not currently support cross-platform multiplayer.
4. Can I play Elden Ring’s multiplayer mode solo?
Yes, you can play Elden Ring’s multiplayer mode solo, but you will not be able to join or interact with other players.
5. How do I check my NAT type for Elden Ring?
You can check your NAT type by accessing your network settings on your gaming device. Consult your device’s manual or online resources for more information.