Unlock the Secrets: Why You Can’t Join Friends in Elden Ring and How to Fix It
Elden Ring is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year, and it’s no wonder why. Developed by industry giants FromSoftware and directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, the game promises to be a masterpiece of action RPGs. One of the most exciting features of Elden Ring is the prospect of playing with friends. Unfortunately, many players have reported difficulties joining up with their friends in-game. In this article, we will investigate why this is happening and show you how to fix it.
Why You Can’t Join Friends in Elden Ring
The first reason why you might not be able to join your friends in Elden Ring is that you’re not in the same region. Elden Ring uses a region-lock system to preserve the balance of online play. This means that players can only play with others in the same region as themselves. If you and your friends are not in the same region, you won’t be able to join each other’s games.
Another reason why you might not be able to join your friends is that you’re not at the same level. Elden Ring has a level range system that determines which players can play with each other. This level range is based on the host’s level and the visiting player’s level. If you’re too low or too high of a level compared to your friend, you won’t be able to join their game.
A third reason why you might not be able to join friends in Elden Ring is that you’re not using the correct summon sign. Elden Ring uses different summon signs depending on the type of multiplayer session you want to have. If you’re not using the correct summon sign for your desired session, you won’t be able to join your friends.
How to fix it
Fixing these issues may seem difficult, but it’s actually quite simple. Here are some steps you can take to fix each issue:
1) Check your region: If you’re not in the same region as your friend, you’ll need to change your region to match theirs. To do this, go to the options menu in-game, select the online settings, and change your region accordingly.
2) Check your level: If you’re not at the same level as your friend, you’ll need to either level up or level down until you’re within the appropriate range. This range is typically around 10 levels above or below the host’s level.
3) Use the correct summon sign: If you’re not using the correct summon sign, you won’t be able to join your friend’s game. Make sure you’re using the correct sign for your desired session. For example, if you want to join your friend’s game as a co-op partner, use the white soapstone summon sign.
Elden Ring is an incredible game, but it can be frustrating when you can’t join your friends in-game. By understanding the reasons why this happens and how to fix it, you can enjoy the game with your friends without any issues. Always make sure you’re in the same region, check your levels, and use the correct summon sign, and you can play Elden Ring with your friends to your heart’s content.
1) Why can’t I join my friend’s game in Elden Ring?
– There are a few reasons why you might not be able to join your friend’s game, including region-lock, level range, and incorrect summon sign usage.
2) How do I change my region in Elden Ring?
– Go to the options menu in-game, select the online settings, and change your region accordingly.
3) What is the level range in Elden Ring?
– The level range is typically around 10 levels above or below the host’s level.
4) What is the correct summon sign to use in Elden Ring co-op sessions?
– The white soapstone summon sign is the correct sign to use for co-op sessions.
5) Can I play with players on other platforms in Elden Ring?
– No, Elden Ring does not currently support cross-platform play.