Unleashing Death’s Poker: A Guide to Elden Ring’s Best Build
Eagerly anticipated by fans of FromSoftware’s previous titles, Elden Ring promises to provide a unique and thrilling gaming experience, set in a dark and mysterious world.
As with any RPG, one of the most crucial components is building your character. With a wealth of customization options at your disposal, creating the ideal build that will take you to the game’s end is paramount. That’s where we come in, with a guide to help you find the perfect build: Death’s Poker.
1. Strength and Dexterity
Akin to Dark Souls and Bloodborne, Elden Ring features weapons that can be wielded by either strength or dexterity-based characters. If you prefer an aggressive playstyle that relies on quick movements and light weapons, a dex-based build may be for you. However, if you want to dish out brutal blows with a greatsword or heavy armor, strength-based builds are the way to go.
In Elden Ring, magic is a viable option, thanks to the game’s fluidity between all kinds of elemental magic builds. With pyromancy, sorcery, and miracles all available to the player, channeling destruction through ranged attacks, stunning visuals, or healing magic is entirely up to your preferred playstyle.
3. The Best Weapons and Armor
With an extensive range of weapons and armors to choose from, it can be challenging to know which pieces to pick, and so the following are some favorite weapons and pieces of armor to create the perfect Death’s Poker build:
– For dex-building – A kusarigama or a katana sword could be the way forward, paired up with a set of light leather armor.
– For strength-building – A Zweihander could be your jam, well-paired with heavy-metal armor.
– For magic-building – Running with a catalyst, a catalyst-chime or a wand is the way forward here, used in conjunction with mage armor constructs such as the Black Witch set.
4. Boss hunting
The true progression of Elden Ring comes from taking down bosses. Choosing the right weapon for each battle can be crucial in taking a boss down, whether it’s against a massive demon, a crazed dragon, or even a towering construct. Learning the ins-and-outs of each enemy, as well as how to dodge and counterattack, and which weapon will maximize your damage output, is vital for each boss battle.
Building up Death’s Poker should be a fun and satisfying experience where you get to try out different combinations of weapons, magic, and armor. Make sure to explore your playstyle, open your mind to trying out new things, and remember that Elden Ring is all about discovery.
1. What kind of build is best for an Elden Ring playthrough?
– It depends on your preferred playstyle, whether you prefer to be aggressive or defensive. Dex, strength, or magic-based builds are all viable options.
2. Is there any overpowered weapon in Elden Ring that I should prioritize?
– While there are no ultimate ‘one-shots everything,’ it’s entirely context-based, and sometimes a weapon may be advantageous for a particular boss fight.
3. What is the critical path in Elden Ring, and how long does it take to complete?
– The critical path is progressing through the main story campaign, and depending on the player, it could take anywhere from 24 to 50 hours.
4. How important is dodging and parrying in Elden Ring?
– Vital! Dodging and parrying mechanics in Elden Ring are a key component of the game and will serve you well – knowing how to dodge and parry specific enemy attacks will greatly enhance your playing experience.
5. Can armor and weapon durability be restored after battles?
– Yes! You can repair armor and weapons by visiting blacksmiths or using in-game consumables.