The Shocking Reason Why Your Pokemon Won’t Obey – And How to Fix It
It can be frustrating when your hard-earned Pokemon won’t obey your commands in battle. You’ve trained them well, so why won’t they listen to you? The answer lies in a little-known game mechanic that affects the relationship between you and your Pokemon.
The mechanic in question is affection, and it’s a hidden stat that affects your Pokemon’s behavior. When you first catch a Pokemon, its affection towards you is low. But as you spend time with it, it will gradually grow fonder of you, and its behavior in battle will improve.
However, if your Pokemon’s affection is too low, it may disobey you altogether. This is especially true if you’re trying to give it commands that it doesn’t like, such as using a move that it’s not comfortable with. In extreme cases, your Pokemon may even refuse to battle altogether, forcing you to switch it out for another Pokemon.
So, how can you fix this problem? The key is to increase your Pokemon’s affection towards you. There are several ways to do this, including:
1. Spend more time with your Pokemon: The more time you spend with your Pokemon, the more affection it will have towards you. This means talking to it, feeding it, and playing with it regularly.
2. Use the Pokemon-Amie feature: Pokemon-Amie is a feature introduced in Pokemon X and Y that allows you to interact with your Pokemon in a more intimate way. You can feed it, play mini-games with it, and even pet it using the touch screen. By doing this, you can quickly increase your Pokemon’s affection towards you.
3. Give it a Soothe Bell: The Soothe Bell is an item that can be found in the game, and it boosts your Pokemon’s affection towards you. Simply give it to your Pokemon to hold, and its affection will gradually increase over time.
4. Use the Move Return: Return is a move that becomes more powerful the higher your Pokemon’s affection towards you. By using this move regularly in battle, you can quickly raise your Pokemon’s affection towards you.
It’s worth noting that each Pokemon has its own unique affection level, so some Pokemon will require more time and effort to raise their affection than others. However, by following the tips outlined above, you should be able to quickly increase your Pokemon’s affection towards you, and enjoy battles where your Pokemon obeys your every command.
In conclusion, the reason why your Pokemon may not obey your commands is due to its affection towards you being too low. By spending more time with your Pokemon, using the Pokemon-Amie feature, giving it a Soothe Bell, and using the move Return, you can quickly increase your Pokemon’s affection, and enjoy more successful battles.
1. What happens if my Pokemon’s affection is too low?
If your Pokemon’s affection is too low, it may disobey your commands, and even refuse to battle altogether.
2. How can I check my Pokemon’s affection level?
In the newer games, there is a feature called Pokemon Refresh, which shows your Pokemon’s affection level. Alternatively, you can speak to the NPC in the Pokemon Center who will tell you your Pokemon’s affection level.
3. Can I decrease my Pokemon’s affection if it’s too high?
Yes, you can lower your Pokemon’s affection by neglecting it, using items it dislikes or attacking it in battle.
4. Can I increase my Pokemon’s affection in previous games?
Yes, the affection stat was introduced in Pokemon X and Y, but it can still be increased in older games through traditional methods such as battling and giving it items.
5. Will raising my Pokemon’s affection affect its stats?
No, raising your Pokemon’s affection will not directly affect its stats or growth. However, it can indirectly improve its performance in battle by making it obey your commands and use moves more effectively.