The Shocking Reason Why Pokemon Don’t Obey – And How to Fix It
As a Pokemon trainer, have you ever found yourself frustrated when your Pokemon disobeyed your commands? Did you ever wonder why this happens, despite the strong bond you share with your beloved companions?
Well, the answer might shock you. The reason why Pokemon disobey is not because of their level or strength, but because of their happiness.
Yes, you read that right. In the world of Pokemon, a trainer’s success greatly depends on the happiness of their Pokemon. And if your Pokemon isn’t happy, it might refuse to follow your commands.
But what exactly is happiness in Pokemon, and how does it affect your Pokemon’s obedience? Let’s dive into the details.
Understanding Pokemon Happiness
Happiness, also known as friendship, is a value that measures the bond between a trainer and their Pokemon. It affects various aspects of the game, including a Pokemon’s ability to evolve, the power of certain moves, and the likelihood of winning battles.
But when it comes to obedience, happiness is the most crucial factor. A happy Pokemon is more likely to follow its trainer’s commands, while an unhappy one might ignore them or even refuse to battle altogether.
So, how can you tell if your Pokemon is happy? Here are some signs to look out for:
– Your Pokemon’s status screen shows that it’s “happy” or “friendly.”
– Your Pokemon’s speech bubble during battles and interactions is positive, such as saying “Pokemon is pleased” or “Pokemon is delighted.”
– Your Pokemon’s affection level towards you is high, which can be measured by playing with it, feeding it, or using certain items like the Soothe Bell.
If your Pokemon’s happiness level is low, you might notice the opposite signs. Its speech bubble might show negative messages like “Pokemon doesn’t care,” and it might refuse to eat or play with you.
The Impact of Happiness on Obedience
Now that we know how happiness is measured in Pokemon, let’s discuss its impact on obedience.
According to game mechanics, a Pokemon’s obedience is determined by its level compared to a trainer’s gym badges. In the main series games, a Pokemon will obey its trainer as long as the trainer has enough gym badges and their Pokemon is at or below a certain level.
However, there’s a catch. If a trainer’s Pokemon is too happy, it might disobey even if it’s at the right level. This is because a happy Pokemon might prioritize its own desires over its trainer’s commands, making it unpredictable in battles.
So, what can you do to fix this? How can you make sure your Pokemon is happy but still obedient?
Tips for Increasing Your Pokemon’s Happiness
Here are some tips to improve your Pokemon’s happiness while maintaining its obedience:
1. Show your love and care – Spend time with your Pokemon, feed it, play with it, and give it massages using the Moomoo Milk item.
2. Train it in battles – Winning battles and gaining experience can boost your Pokemon’s confidence and happiness. But make sure not to overwork it, as exhaustion can also lower happiness.
3. Be patient – Don’t rush your Pokemon to evolve or learn new moves. Let it grow and mature at its own pace.
4. Use certain items – Using items like the Soothe Bell, which increases happiness, or the TM Return, which powers up with high happiness, can be beneficial.
5. Keep it healthy – Make sure your Pokemon is not afflicted with status conditions like poison or paralysis, as they can decrease happiness.
In summary, Pokemon obedience is not just about level and strength, but also about happiness. A trainer’s success greatly depends on the bond they share with their companions, and a happy Pokemon is more likely to be obedient.
By understanding what happiness means in Pokemon and following the tips above, you can improve your Pokemon’s happiness and make sure it follows your commands. Remember, a happy Pokemon is a strong Pokemon!
1. Can I make my Pokemon happy through battles alone?
No, battles alone are not enough. You need to spend quality time with your Pokemon and show your love and care.
2. How long does it take to increase a Pokemon’s happiness?
It varies depending on the Pokemon and the methods used, but it can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours of gameplay.
3. Is it possible to have a Pokemon that’s too happy?
Yes, a Pokemon that’s too happy might disobey its trainer’s commands in battles. It’s all about finding the right balance.
4. Can I use happiness to make my Pokemon evolve faster?
No, evolution is based on other factors like level and certain conditions like holding a certain item or trading.
5. What happens if my Pokemon’s happiness is too low?
If your Pokemon’s happiness is too low, it might refuse to obey your commands or even leave your party altogether. Make sure to take good care of your companions!