Level Up Fast: The Ultimate Guide on How to Get Exp Share in Fire Red
Do you want to level up your Pokémon faster in Fire Red? One way to do this is to use the Exp Share item. In this guide, we will show you how to obtain this item and use it effectively to level up your Pokémon.
What is Exp Share?
Exp Share is an item in the Pokémon games that allows you to share the experience points gained from battle with all the Pokémon in your party. This means that even if your Pokémon did not participate in battle, they will still gain experience points.
How to Obtain Exp Share?
To obtain Exp Share in Fire Red, you need to complete a series of tasks. First, you need to defeat the Cinnabar Island Gym Leader, Blaine. Next, go to the Pokémon Mansion on Cinnabar Island and navigate through it until you find the Secret Key. Use the Secret Key to unlock the gym on the island, where you can battle the Gym Leader, Blaine.
After defeating Blaine, you will receive the Volcano Badge and TM38, Fire Blast. Here’s where things get interesting. Go to the Pokémon Center located at Island Four and talk to the person standing behind the counter. He will provide advice on how to catch Pokémon in the game.
Follow this advice and catch at least 50 species of Pokémon to receive the Exp Share from the professor. Note that the Pokémon you catch must be different species, which means that catching multiple Pidgeys or Rattatas won’t count.
How to Use Exp Share?
Once you have obtained Exp Share in Fire Red, it’s time to put it to use. The first thing you should do is to equip it to one of your Pokémon. When you do this, the Exp Share will activate and start sharing the experience points gained in battle with all the other Pokémon in your party.
However, it’s important to note that the Pokémon holding the Exp Share will only receive half of the experience points gained. Therefore, it’s essential to choose the right Pokémon to equip the item to. Ideally, you should choose a Pokémon that can hold its own in battle but doesn’t need as much experience as the others.
For example, if you have a low-level Pokémon that you want to level up quickly, equip the Exp Share to a stronger Pokémon that can win battles on its own. This way, the low-level Pokémon will gain experience points without worrying about taking damage in battle.
Tips for Using Exp Share Effectively
Here are some tips that will help you make the most out of Exp Share in Fire Red:
1. Choose the right Pokémon to equip the item to. As mentioned earlier, it’s important to choose a Pokémon that doesn’t need as much experience as the others but can hold its own in battle.
2. Focus on one Pokémon at a time. Instead of trying to level up all your Pokémon at once with Exp Share, focus on one Pokémon at a time. This will help you level up faster and more efficiently.
3. Use it in conjunction with Lucky Egg. Lucky Egg is another item in the Pokémon games that increases the experience points gained in battle. Using Exp Share and Lucky Egg together will give you even more experience points, making your Pokémon level up even faster.
4. Use it on a Pokémon you plan to evolve. If you have a Pokémon that’s close to evolving, equip it with Exp Share to give it that extra push to reach its next level.
Exp Share is a powerful tool in Fire Red that can help you level up your Pokémon faster. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can obtain the item and use it effectively in battles. Remember to choose the right Pokémon to equip the item to and focus on one Pokémon at a time to level up faster. Happy battling!
1. Can I use Exp Share to level up all my Pokémon at once?
No, you should focus on one Pokémon at a time to level up faster.
2. Will the Pokémon holding Exp Share gain less experience points?
Yes, the Pokémon holding Exp Share will only receive half the experience points gained in battle.
3. Can I use Exp Share and Lucky Egg together?
Yes, using both items together will give you even more experience points.
4. Can I use Exp Share on a Pokémon that has already reached its maximum level?
No, you cannot use Exp Share on a Pokémon that has already reached its maximum level.
5. How many species of Pokémon do I need to catch to obtain Exp Share?
You need to catch at least 50 different species of Pokémon to obtain Exp Share from the professor.