How to Stream to YouTube & Twitch & Facebook Gaming
Streaming to multiple platforms at once can be a powerful strategy when you first start your streaming and content creation journey. A Multi Stream is a live stream that is broadcasted to not only one platform, but multiple platforms at the same time. For example you can be live on Twitch and Facebook or Facebook and Youtube, or all streaming platforms together.
In this article I walk you through How to Stream to YouTube & Twitch & Facebook Gaming.
Pros of Multi Streaming
- Streaming to multiple platforms allows you to build an audience on each platform without putting in more work, your workload stays the same, but you multiply your potential gain.
- Having a larger and widespread audience makes it more appealing to brands, and can give you an edge when negotiating brand deals.
- If one platform goes out of business, like we saw with Mixer, you do not need to start all over. You will already have other platforms with established audiences to fall back on.
Cons of Multi Streaming
- As of right now, there is no way for your viewers to see all chats. For example viewers on Facebook cannot see what viewers on YouTube are typing, which can lead to confusion
- Once you reach monetisation with a platform, they often lock you into only streaming on this platform. Multi streaming might be against Terms of Service and can lead to a permanent ban
If this is your first time streaming, I highly recommend you try Multi Streaming to all platforms. This way you get to know the communities on each, and you learn how each platform operates, what it has to offer and where it might be lacking.
As a good start I’d recommend to stream to YouTube, Facebook and Twitch. These three platforms have been growing consistently and are unlikely to go out of business anytime soon.
As long as you are not monetized on a streaming platform you can safely multi stream. The moment you unlock monetisation tools and agree to those Terms of Service, you need to double check if multi streaming is allowed or not.
No matter if you will stick with multi streaming or not, it is important that you always carry out a marketing strategy that is diversified on multiple platforms. Wherever you are streaming I recommend you start a YouTube channel, since this is still the best way to grow going into 2021.
Here is the full guide on Set up a Multi Stream in 3 Simple Steps.
Other useful articles:
If you have any questions while running through the guide, please do not hesitate to reach out to me either directly through Streaming Live Academy, or any of my socials you find below.
My name is Luk and I am here to help you set up your live stream. I believe live streams are one of the best forms of communicating with your target audience. Let’s get to work!