As many of you know I’m a huge fan of Final Fantasy 8, not for nothing is my nickname SeiferVIII. A few months ago I had the pleasure of playing a Klitlika mod called KLITLIKA’S Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
The mod has fascinated me a lot and has led many people to follow my streams and my game-plays. After some time I was contacted by the great Klitlika to become Alpha tester of this wonderful mod for Final Fantasy VIII. Not only has this mod become even more interesting and competitive, but it has evolved so much that it no longer seems almost the same game.
KLITLIKA’S Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is a real challenge for those who love final fantasy.
For this reason, thanks to his collaboration, we decided to start creating this page to keep everyone updated on what is evolving and how the community is improving the challenge.
This is a older version Game play of mine, check it to understand how cool this mod is.
First of all I would like to thank Klitlika again, you can follow him here:
YouTube: YouTube Channel
qhimm Forum: This is where this project started
A special thank you to MCindusMODS for the Graphical power:
MCindusMODS : Patreon
Change Log of the Mod
- ENEMIES including BOSSES are now HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER…
- ENJOY MANY NEW ENEMY COMBINATIONS 🙂 + Special LVL 100 Boss Battles in Disc4 (DARK AEON) STYLE DISC 4 Random Battles… (slowly adding more)
- ENEMY ATTACKS (many changed)
- + STATS
- + MOVESLISTS HAVE NOW BEEN BUFFED TO BE LESS PATHETIC… :
- Omega / Ultima need Testing…
- it should be known that FF8 has a limit of up to 4 different random battles on a field map… so if you are testing out all the fights, you gotta try to fight all 4 BattleScenes in one room/area/map before moving on… hence why reporting any bugs/crashes with a screen-shot if you can + location in-game helps allot…
- most attack powers adjusted… Certain enemy attacks now have extra negative status effects + but some can also cause aura/regen… etc…
- CERBERUS REDESIGNED – Using Cerberus with the FF8_Hard_Launcher was previously pointless since he casts Double + Triple on the party… with this mod, he now also Casts Haste + Angel Wing
- – MAGICAL BERSERK ON THE WHOLE PARTY… USE Cerberus’s new power Wisely…JUST LIKE “MAD RUSH” Except MAGIC not Physical Attacks 🙂 ps: they cast using their stocked magic
- I’VE SLOWED THE ATB TO 80% OF IT’S ORIGINAL SPEED… THIS WORKS WELL… AS EVERYONE’S SPEED IS HIGHER THEN BEFORE … (ESPECIALLY ENEMIES)
- UNLOCKED DMG OVER 9999 FOR MANY MORE SPELLS + ABILITIES + GF’s too…
- added small chance for status effects to most GFs…
- eg Leviathan has small % to slow all enemys...
- Pandemona also has a small % to blow away an enemy… that sort of thing 🙂
for those of you who like to use: Percent & Catastrophe… “There are a pair of spells intended for Selphie’s “Slot” Limit command that weren’t used. Both can be obtained as normal spells with a GameShark (or HYNE Save EDITOR)(as can the four that are used), and work as advertised, though they weren’t given unique animations, and look identical to the Fire spell. No “Slot” spells can be junctioned, however.
- Percent – This drops the HP of all enemies to critical levels.
- Catastrophe – Deals heavy non-elemental damage to all enemies.”
- I’ve Finally Changed The Animations for both of these… they should now look much better instead of Casting fire…
- Percent now has “LIGHT PILLAR” ANIMATION – Holy – 97 Attack Power – single target –
- instead of always reducing enemy HP to 1, which was clearly OP… 64/255 chance to BLIND (Darkness)
- Catastrophe now has “HELL’s JUDGEMENT” ANIMATION – Non-Elemental – 169 Attack Power – all targets – 96/255 chance to apply DOOM
- Rapture – now has a diff animation for now… i decided to try removing the EJECT Status Attack… but then you would continue fighting invisible enemies lol…so using the Animation from something else… for now it’s MEGA PULSE CANNON… which looks quite funny coming out of a person’s Torso imo…84 Attack Power – Non-Elemental (but i thought about making it Holy maybe…?)
- ALSO… I’ve Stopped “THE END” from being an I-WIN-BUTTON…
it now is just incredibly strong… but NO LONGER WILL 1 SHOT EVERY BOSS…
196 Attack Power – added 96/255 chance to apply Vit0 / Confusion…
- For the Sake Of Comparison… Ultima was 80 Attack Power default… now 88… but with THE END doing 196 it’s still much more powerful then even APOCALYPSE which is at 128… this feels fairly right to me… but i’d love to get more feedback 🙂
- For eg: I FINALLY FIXED THE STATS ON ENEMIES/BOSSES THAT WEREN’T LVLING UP…
- NOW BOSSES / ENEMIES GET MUCH FASTER / RESIST MAGIC >..AS THEY GAIN LVLS…
- SEIFER/ADEL ARE GREAT EXAMPLES… NOW CAST/ATTACK ALLOT MORE OFTEN… AND HE/SHE :p HAS NEW MOVES… YOU’VE BEEN WARNED !!!
- I’VE TESTED KEY PARTS TO MAKE SURE IT’S STILL BEATABLE… ADEL FOR EG AT LVL 100, GAVE ADEL’S “VICTIM” MORE HP…
- ABOUT 17K MAKES IT LESS HASSLE TO KEEP ALIVE… SINCE NOW THE DRAIN MOVE DOES MORE… SHELL STILL HELPS…[/size]
- Carbuncle now available before even leaving balamb isle…
- so that is now Quez + Shiva + Ifrit + Diablo and now in v17 onwards… there is a Carbuncle to draw from a Random Encounter on Balamb Beach… 🙂
- reminder GFs attacks in my mod don’t ignore SPR stats… not even Eden or Bahamut or Doomtrain…
- this really helped the re-balancing of Magic VS GF VS ATTACK… 🙂
- Starter weapons have a little less Attack power then they did… should increase motivation to upgrade…
- some item drops added to make it easier for first few upgrades… fights around Balamb isle…
- added Mug option for a lot of mobs, they now can drop rare and ultra rare items
V34 – Here you can always find the last Update for the game DOWNLOAD
Tutorial on how to install the mod:
- Rar or Zip
- Demaster Unzipper
- FMV Upscales ( Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3, Disc 4)
- Texture packs (Lunarcry-Rem-v2.1, BattlefieldPack-Rem_v1-3-1,Advanced textures, Lionheart-rem-v1-0-folders)
- Download and install the game Final Fantasy 8 Remastered Steam or this version for Free with Magnet
Now we are ready to start, don’t be afraid, is not hard, is pretty easy.
- Download everything from point 2 to 5
- Install Final Fantasy 8 Remastered
- Start the Game at least 1 time, if you don’t it will not work
- Open ff8_demaster_128a rar and unzip in on the main Final Fantasy 8 folder (steamappscommonFINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered)
- Run ffviii_demaster_manager
- After you finished unpatching everuthing Run the game again
- Replace the original texture files with the new ones like in the you tube video
- Start the game, HAVE FUN